Shift today when working with choice

Home Forums ELO Forum Shift today when working with choice

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Cyndi B.
      Participant

Just sharing an experience from today when working with choice and motivation.
      After a plentyful and nutritious lunch that I like and prepared, I didn’t feel satisfied and pretty quickly ate a little more- something healthy- to “make sure I had indeed eaten enough.”:) But alas, I continued to feel snack-y… and I’m internally working with my motivations and my choice… and I’m feeling fairly uncomfortable with intrusive, unfriendly thoughts around weakness and self-doubt. I’m aware of the anxiety both physically and mentally. And then it occurs to me that I am actually choosing this anxiety… it’s my choice right now to feel this (instead of over-feed): it’s my choice to apply myself toward the benefits of all the “non-weight motivations” that apply to me. Which is most of them. So understanding the anxiety as my free choice made it feel less intrusive and scary to me.. and more like my invited guest. The guest did not instantly vanish with this new understanding; it stayed a while, but I felt a little better in a significant way.

Stephanie D
      Participant

Hi Cyndi B., I understand this very much. It is similar to the way my “nibblings/cravings/desires to eat/desires to do all this differently” are occurring to me too. Something different is happening to me. I’m listening to all the videos over and over and reading through the processes and questions in the seminar. Thanks for sharing your process and experience.

Cyndi B.
      Participant

Thanks, Stephanie! And I appreciate the comradery in re- re- re-watching / reading the course info. The last half of the Intro Self Compassion video has been powerful today.
      Best wishes~

Cindy
      Participant

@Stephanie D and @Cyndi B
      Thank you for this perspective. Very helpful, both.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.