Starting over?

Home Forums ELO Forum Starting over?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Kylene
      Participant

Hi, everyone. I took the course in May/June and yet I haven’t been very active on here. The last 7 months have been super stressful with COVID, remote learning with my young children, a new pet, being worried about the future (my husband is self-employed), dealing with how everything is different, etc. I realize that they are all excuses that I’ve let get in my way. I finished all the coursework from the May/June course, but I have not applied the principles and methods to my life.

I’m ready now. I really want to be healthy, feel better, and not feel embarrassed anymore about my appearance. So I’m “starting over” with the course on Sunday. I just wanted to put that out there for support. Has anyone else found more success with the second go-round?

Julie Mann
      Participant

Absolutely!! Welcome back!

Louise
      Participant

Welcome back Kylene! I think a few people have done the course more than once, including me. It really helps, I think, and you get access to all the webinars and forum for a year. I am still dipping into the webinars and the forum for support and of course you can also ask Gillian for advice too.

jodi b
      Participant

Welcome back Kylene! Good for you for taking a stand and being motivated to take care of your health.

I am going to take the course again and am very hopeful for even better results the second time around.

My recent post on the forum “rebelliousness” was answered by Gillian and she confirms this to be true.

I have not used the forum as much as I would like to have over the past months, I am going to make it a priority going forward. I recognize the importance of support from peers who share my issues around food.

Julia R
      Participant

Kylene,
      This was my 3rd go round doing the course. And I have done one on one sessions too. I have decades of overeating, yo you dieting. It takes time to absorb this information. Gillian is genius, both in her style and the research piece. For me it is similar to an onion, there are layers and layers of learning and changing behavior. And like everyone says, listening to the replay, doing numbered sections (3.1, 3.2, etc.), has so much value.

I am so grateful for Gillian and everyone on the Forum. Don’t beat up on yourself because you are doing the course again. Acknowledge yourself for staying on this journey!

Julie Mann
      Participant

I fully agree with Julia R and am so grateful for this course, the forum, and Gillian of course! Kylene you’ll find your way for sure!!

guadalupe
      Participant

Hi! Im doing the course again also. The first one (may/june2020), I did it super conscious, taking note of each video and dedicating a lot of time and attention to it. But then almost at the middle/end of the course, I have lost a Sunday´s webinar and I have not been 100% like at the beginning and I think I lost myself. As much as I reviewed the videos later on many occasions, and I have put quite a few things into practice, I think I need a twist to finish joining all the concepts and put them into practice in a better way, more consciously and having integrated them better. We’ll find our way!

Kylene
      Participant

Thank you all for your words of encouragement!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.