The Doctor’s Kitchen – free to read with Amazon Prime (in the UK)

Home Forums ELO Forum The Doctor’s Kitchen – free to read with Amazon Prime (in the UK)

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Jasper G..
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sophia G.
      Participant

Hi All,

I went on Amazon UK to look at ‘The Doctor’s Kitchen’ by Dr Rupy Aujla, which is one of Gillian’s recommended nutrition books in the ‘Reads and Views’ section under ‘Extras’.

I happen to have Amazon Prime membership (an annual paid sub with Amazon UK which gives free delivery and other perks.)

And when I looked at the book, Amazon then informed me I could have it as long as I wanted for free, as apparently it’s one of the books they let me ‘borrow’ as long as I want under my Prime benefits, which apparently lets me have any 10 of their loan books at any one time. (I hadn’t known this existed – but it does, and is called ‘prime reading’.)

So I said Ok – and now it’s in my ‘library’ under ‘prime reading’ for as long as I want. In kindle form.

So if you have Prime membership, which many people have, I don’t see why it won’t let you do the same.

Free book! Hooray. And it looks really good.

If you’re not in the UK, I don’t know, but I would think it’s definitely worth having a look at your country’s version of Amazon especially if you’ve signed up for a subscription similar to my ‘Prime’ membership.

I’ve bought the other books she suggested, btw. Including two I got a bit cheaper from Amazon Marketplace.
      I reckon the dosh I’m gonna save on sweet treats will soon pay for them !!

Gillian

Thanks for letting everyone know about this, Sophia.

Enjoy your books.

Annabelle
      Participant

I’ve been enjoying some of the recipes from the Drs Kitchen. His BBC series is good – thrifty, fast and healthy food – and the videos make it easy to follow the recipes.
      Thank you for the info about Prime. I’ll take a look.

Louise
      Participant

I had this book from the library last year when I was on the course – did quite a few of the recipes and enjoyed them.

Jasper G.
      Participant

You can listen to his podcasts for free.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.