The Gifts of Imperfection (not Brene Brown ;))

Home Forums ELO Forum The Gifts of Imperfection (not Brene Brown ;))

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Julie Mann
      Participant

Hi all,
      I just wanted to share that after re-watching session 6 and also after losing the plot at dinner on Saturday, I see the gifts in it all.
      I see that when there is a little deviation, it’s a gift. It’s a chance to check in, notice why/how it happened, and also see my resilience in getting right back to what feels best.
      And Gillian’s strategies are so a part of me now, that I just go right back to motivation/choice/desire/times/plans and feel like myself all over again.
      Also, given my return to teaching and all that’s happening in life right now, feeling as well as I can is helping me so much. Right now, it’s the ONE thing I can control and a HUGE non-weight motivation for me is that in doing this, in taking great care of myself, I’m able to handle the minute-by-minute changes at work, COVID stuff, life stuff, so much better.
      Have a lovely day.
      Julie

Renée L
      Participant

Thanks Julie!

Great insights and ability to find gratitude when you “lose the plot”.

Here’s to a great weekend!

Louise
      Participant

Thanks Julie and Renee. I have struggled this week with a major relapse, but as you say, coming back to myself feels so much better.

Julie Mann
      Participant

Louise, session 6, and the notes in 6.5, and the webinar from July 5 all deal with relapse. I bet they will help you remember all you already know!! Big hugs.

Louise
      Participant

Thanks Julie, I certainly will check those out!

Julia R
      Participant

I recently had some insight about perfectionism. I was going thru litigation, a deposition and a trial. I wanted to be perfect with it all and get an “A”. A down side of being in education (retired now), I always evaluate with a “grade”. I had someone say “just do your best”. I was in a new world with litigation, had never been on this path. That made such a difference for me to tell my self, “Just do my best!” And that is enough! I am carrying this over to my journey with eating less.

Julie Mann
      Participant

I’m a current teacher, so we share names and careers Julia. And I’m so happy it’s also carrying over into life for you as it has for me.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.