The Gifts of Imperfection (not Brene Brown ;))

Home Forums ELO Forum The Gifts of Imperfection (not Brene Brown ;))

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Julie Mann
      Participant

Hi all,
      I just wanted to share that after re-watching session 6 and also after losing the plot at dinner on Saturday, I see the gifts in it all.
      I see that when there is a little deviation, it’s a gift. It’s a chance to check in, notice why/how it happened, and also see my resilience in getting right back to what feels best.
      And Gillian’s strategies are so a part of me now, that I just go right back to motivation/choice/desire/times/plans and feel like myself all over again.
      Also, given my return to teaching and all that’s happening in life right now, feeling as well as I can is helping me so much. Right now, it’s the ONE thing I can control and a HUGE non-weight motivation for me is that in doing this, in taking great care of myself, I’m able to handle the minute-by-minute changes at work, COVID stuff, life stuff, so much better.
      Have a lovely day.
      Julie

Renée L
      Participant

Thanks Julie!

Great insights and ability to find gratitude when you “lose the plot”.

Here’s to a great weekend!

Louise
      Participant

Thanks Julie and Renee. I have struggled this week with a major relapse, but as you say, coming back to myself feels so much better.

Julie Mann
      Participant

Louise, session 6, and the notes in 6.5, and the webinar from July 5 all deal with relapse. I bet they will help you remember all you already know!! Big hugs.

Louise
      Participant

Thanks Julie, I certainly will check those out!

Julia R
      Participant

I recently had some insight about perfectionism. I was going thru litigation, a deposition and a trial. I wanted to be perfect with it all and get an “A”. A down side of being in education (retired now), I always evaluate with a “grade”. I had someone say “just do your best”. I was in a new world with litigation, had never been on this path. That made such a difference for me to tell my self, “Just do my best!” And that is enough! I am carrying this over to my journey with eating less.

Julie Mann
      Participant

I’m a current teacher, so we share names and careers Julia. And I’m so happy it’s also carrying over into life for you as it has for me.

Renée L
      Participant

Hi Julie,

I have been thinking about you and wanted to say hello and see how you are!

How are you?

XOXO

Julie Mann
      Participant

Hi Renee,

I’m doing very well. How are you? Happy new year and thank you for reaching out.

xo

Julie

Renée L
      Participant

Happy New Year to you as well!

Glad to hear you are doing well…you’ve been quiet on the Forum so I wanted to check on you!

Julie Mann
      Participant

Hi Renee,

Yes, I’ve started a certification program to become a life coach. And this is in addition to my full time teaching job.

And since I’ve really felt so free from food/body/weight issues I’ve decided to stay off the forum as I have only so much time in my day along with parenting my daughter, etc.

So kind of you to reach out and check.

I’ll post to the group to clarify!!

Warmly,

Julie

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.