Times and Plans

Home Forums ELO Forum Times and Plans

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Liz
      Participant

Hi Gillian!
      I’m making a choice to eat more protein each day because it helps me feel full and satisfied.
      Is it okay to count my macros if I remind myself that I’m choosing to?
      With times and plans, is it also okay to plan on lit my day and food for the day?
      I do know when i plan this, I still do have the addictive desire pop up after dinner and my work here to do is to work through not overeating at that time.
      Is it okay, though, to plan out my meals for the day and not just at the moment?
      My sneaky brain tends to justify overeating at night as if I need it!
      Thank you!

Julie Mann
      Participant

Interesting question Liz. Eager to hear the response. I plan my meals and have the addictive desire pop up after each one. And sometimes I still succumb to it, as I did last night. As in I had a plan and overrode it.

Gillian
      Keymaster

Liz,

I think you are venturing into eating good quality food during the day; this is new to you and I appreciate it seems scary. However, trying to control your intake by counting macros and/or making a plan for the whole day is very likely to leave you feeling “locked up” and although that may seem to work for a while (compliance) it isn’t the way to maintain control.

Much better to aim for flexibility and variation; maybe too much protein one day and none at all on another. This is more natural, normal, and especially it’s more sustainable.

You say that your “sneaky brain tends to justify overeating at night as if I need it!” – so why not “Work Through” that desire in the evenings when it happens?

Also take a look at the recent thread opened “How far to take times and plans” as I’ve answered a similar question there.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.