Tuesday

Home Forums ELO Forum Tuesday

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Andria
      Participant

Good afternoon all,
      Just checking in to see how your holiday weekend went. This was my first holiday eating experience since starting the class. Looking forward to the webinar this Sunday. Hope all is well.

Best,
      Andria

Georgia H
      Participant

Hi Andria,
      Thanks for asking!
      I thought I was doing really well, learning to recognize addictive desire and to work through it. I was feeling pretty good about myself. But then last Thursday I had what felt like a sudden unexpected attack by addictive desire and I got swept away with it and over ate way too much and even added in some junk.
      I went into recovery mode the next day and started re-watching the whole ELO course. I feel like I don’t know how to think properly.
      So as I have been working on rewiring my brain with all this material, addictive desire struck again on Monday and once again I crashed and burned.
      I have sent some questions in to Gillian and I’m looking forward to the Webinar on Sunday.
      How are things going with you?

Andria
      Participant

Hi Georgia,
      Thank you for sharing your progress. Knowing that I’m not alone in this process is helpful.
      I’ve been actively rewatching and reviewing the material as well, implementing the themes as my new way of handling the issues I’ve had with food and eating.
      I’ve found the client story’s super helpful, as well as Gillian’s mp3.
      I had a slip up the other day when a proper dinner wasn’t available and I was pleasantly surprised that once I got home and an ‘I already blew it’ thought crossed my mind I was able to work through it using the themes.
      I’m looking forward to hearing from you at the webinar on Sunday.

Best,
      Andria

Georgia H
      Participant

That’s great Andria! Well done on snapping back quickly!

That reminds me that after my last overeating episode on Monday, I went shopping and found a great big bag of popcorn, which I don’t usually eat. I put it in the cart and walked around telling myself “I can have that if I want it. I can buy all of the bags Of popcorn if I want to.”
      I found something else to buy that was low-carb, and I put the popcorn back on the shelf. It felt so much better to get back into alignment with where I want to be!

Andria
      Participant

Thank you Georgia! And good job to you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.