- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 days, 2 hours ago by Cindy.
January 27, 2021 at 1:48 pm #11184GillianModerator
Hello and a warm welcome to everyone – especially if you’ve just joined us for this course starting May 2021.
Here are my suggestions about using this forum, based on seeing what works best in previous courses:
– Post comments and questions about the course content, especially the topics we cover as we go through these six weeks. What are you discovering? Or, where are you stuck?
– By all means ask questions, and include my name if you want a reply from me. If you don’t include my name, that indicates you want to hear from others on the course.
– Please don’t think that any one topic (thread) belongs to the person who opened it. The forum is for everyone, even if you never post in it. It’s best to read it all, and make a post if you have something to add or ask. Or, create a new topic yourself.
– It can help you enormously to delete anything in your post that’s self-critical such as, “I’m hopeless” or “I’m a failure”, just to help to ease up on any negativity. “I don’t understand…” is fine. “Sorry for being an idiot, but I don’t understand…” could do with an edit.
– To add a post:
• To post a reply, type in the box at the bottom of each page. When you post on an existing thread (like this one) you’ll post your reply inside that thread, as a reply to that topic. If you check the little box at the bottom, “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” you’ll know when there’s a response for you.
• To start a new topic/thread, click on “ELO Forum” at the top – not the larger heading, but right under it, in blue. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, looking for Create a New Topic. Give it a Topic Title and check the box at the bottom, “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” so you’ll know when you’ve got a response.
February 11, 2021 at 1:37 am #11789Sophia G.Participant
Hi Gillian, Can you say please, if I can make a reply/comment – or a new post – and then later go in and delete or edit my own reply or my own post, please? I know I sometimes regret things and want to change later. Thanks very much, Sophia. PS I now know I can edit, because this PS is an edit I just did – but could I delete if I wanted? I don’t see a ‘delete option’ (tho I guess I could just remove all my previous text so it’s in effect blank). Thanks very much..
- This reply was modified 3 months ago by Sophia G..
February 11, 2021 at 8:40 am #11800GillianModerator
Good Sophia, you’ve answered your own question 🙂
And editing is possible for 30 minutes after you’ve submitted your post.
If you want to delete all signs of your post just send me an email and I can easily do that for you.
May 9, 2021 at 4:33 am #14139CindyParticipant
Is there a secret to how to search the forum? I am on an ipad and I do not see a search option on the main page of the forum that shows all to topics. Thanks for any guidance.
May 9, 2021 at 2:31 pm #14146GillianKeymaster
There isn’t a search function for the forum right now and nobody has asked for one. I’ll look into it in the week and get one if I can.
Do know, though, that often conversations morph from one topic to another and not necessarily neatly filed away under the correct topic title.
May 9, 2021 at 4:30 pm #14147CindyParticipant
Thanks for the feedback, Gillian. I was worrying perhaps I was posting something that had already been discussed. If that isn’t a concern, no search function needed here. I appreciate your quick response.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.