Week 3 webinar

Home Forums ELO Forum Week 3 webinar

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ula
      Participant

@Gillian – Just wanted to say its my 3rd time on the course, it resonated with me from the beginning , but I was not really working on it, and now finally started to, and finally feel I got “the choice ” part. Really like the new format that we go on our own through the material first and webinars are for questions. Week 3rd webinar was amazing, only watched it now so just wanted to say thank you !

Gillian
      Participant

You are most welcome, Ula, and thanks for posting.

I wish there was a way to let newcomers know that if or when they become more engaged, it really starts to work very well.

But I guess that everyone takes the time they need to take. Some people drop out of this course, return to their slimming club for a while, and then later on return to this course with much renewed enthusiasm. I’ve seen it many times – and maybe that’s just what they needed to do to “get it”.

Mo
      Participant

Hi Ula and Gillian,
      I’m doing this now for the 3rd time too. The first time I was engaged and took notes and felt I’d got it. On reflection I think I was playing at it. The 2nd time I felt rebellious and panicky about weight gain and returned to restrictive eating. This time I’m trying to be more actively engaged and I’m addressing my issues. I did need to process the information and it has taken time. So I’m embracing it now and taking baby steps. Perseverance is the key…I’ll just keep going – reading watching and absorbing the course material as well as coming on this forum regularly. Something has changed within me and I’m running with it.

Gillian
      Participant

Sounds good, Mo.

Maybe what’s happened is you’ve discovered it’s really okay to question your mindset about all of this, and to try a different way of thinking. I do think that fear blocks progress for most people: fear of failure, fear of success, fear of I-don’t-know-what-but-it’s-very-scary.

There’s only one thing to do about it, and that is to face the fear and find out that there is solid ground here, and nothing to fear but a better relationship with food – and yourself 🙂

Mo
        Participant

Thank you Gillian.
        Yes facing my fear head on in order to have a better relationship with food.

Kylene
      Participant

Hi Ula, I’m the same as you. This is my 3rd time on the course. I actually didn’t complete the course lessons during the fall. I started, made too many excuses, and then let too many other things become more important. So I never finished it. I’m definitely working harder this time around, and I think that’s okay. We are all starting from different places and need to absorb and apply the information in our individual ways.

I also agree with you about week 3 webinar. It was probably my favorite one so far!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.