Week 6

Home Forums ELO Forum Week 6

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Patti
      Participant

Hi Gillian,

I am seeing great benefits from working with my panic. After our talk I have been tuning into it almost every time it happens (don’t want to be perfect). As a result I am able to calm myself down for the most part. It feels like a new super power because in the past whenever I felt panic I would additionally panic over the panic and stay in that unending loop until it ended. Now I am able to be curious about it. Yeah! And this all started with the coffee drink experience.

So interesting, on Sunday I was not able to participate in on the call. It just so happened that on this day I had an opportunity to eat one of those not so perfect foods that for sure in the past I would have felt immensely guilty and always say “What the hell I’ve blown it, now I have to eat all of it because I can never give it to myself ever again”. This time I ate just enough to be satisfied and off I went back into my life.

I am ever so grateful I have found your course. I am looking forward to grasping more of the information in the months to come, as well as stumbling like a toddler until I can stand.

Patti

Julie Mann
      Participant

That’s amazing Patti. Do you mean you are applying Gillian’s techniques to anxiety and panic attacks? And way to go with the special food and moving on.

Paola
      Participant

Well done Patti, this is exactly where I want to be: being able to savour a treat and think of it as a normal occurrence, that does not have to turn into a binge or a total meltdown. Thanks for sharing your success!

Louise
      Participant

That sounds like the way to go Patti. It’s such a great feeling, being able to manage the food, instead of the food controlling us!

Patti
      Participant

Thank you Louise, Paola, and Julie. Yes Julie as it pertains to food.

Gillian
      Keymaster

This is a wonderful post, Patti – thank you. And for clarification, panic is one of the symptoms of deprivation, which arises for some people as a result of their denial of choice.

That’s what we spoke about on our one-to-one call, and that’s the breakthrough for Patti.

I hope you have congratulated/appreciated yourself for grasping this, Patti.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.