Weighing food.

Home Forums ELO Forum Weighing food.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Grace
      Participant

Hi Gillian,

I just realised that I’m still weighing certain foods, such as calorific ones for my meals. Should I stop doing this? I think it’s from when I macro / calorie counted to lose weight and I’ve just got into the habit of doing it so I can keep an eye on my portion size.
      Thank you

Gillian
      Keymaster

Grace,

I’m not too sure one way or the other with this. It could be that you have very real non-weight (that’s your weight, not the food!) benefits to this, even though it may have started for purely weight loss reasons.

I suggest you connect with that non-weight motivation to weigh food, assuming it’s there for you. And maybe a bit later on in the course try not weighing these things to see what happens and how you feel about it? I’d leave that until after Week 4.

Jennie P
      Participant

Hi Grace

I had to join in the email trail as I stopped myself from weighing my porridge this morning – not easy as my life has been forever checking weights, calories, points etc. Old habits die hard! I’m sure Gillian will agree that we should stop weighing and measuring!

Grace
      Participant

Hi Gillian (and Jennie), I think that’s the perfect idea for me personally and where I am at, at the moment. I will give that a try and focus on the non weight benefits.

I hope this helps you too Jennie…I weigh my porridge every morning too!

Thanks
      Grace

Mo
      Participant

I still weigh my food but some of the time it’s about getting enough. Other times it’s about not eating too much. But yes I question whether or not I should be weighing food at all.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.