working through desire- – step 5

Home Forums ELO Forum working through desire- – step 5

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Janice
      Participant

Hi, Step 5 says “repeat when you can”. Do you mean repeat from step 1 again and again during the present time of addictive desire? Or repeating the process again next time that addictive desire is happening?

Gillian
      Keymaster

Hi Janice, thanks for this question. I mean both of these: repeating the process again the next time the addictive desire is happening, but if you repeat during any one experience of desire, that’s good too. It’s a matter of finding a balance between addressing the desire and giving your attention to all the other things going on in your life and in your mind.

Jean DC
      Participant

I have been standing staring at sugary foods in cafes, supermarkets, whenever and wherever I can, hoping to stimulate a desire that I can work through. I took this as what you were suggesting us to do Gillian. And by golly it’s worked! I am proud to say that I haven’t overeaten for 7 consecutive days, the first time this has happened since 2017, literally! My addictive desires have appeared as a result of my usual cues, but only to the extent that I can reasonably comfortably work through them.

Gillian
      Keymaster

All I want to say is:
      WHAT YOU RESIST, PERSISTS
      WHAT YOU EMBRACE, DISSOLVES
      (from Week 3)
      Well done, Jean!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.